Senior Photos – Struggle or Blessing?
Here it is. Your Senior year. This year will celebrate one of life’s greatest stages, milestones, and memories. Your final year, the final everything, before stepping out into the bright future.
Not only is the future approaching, but so is Senior photo season.
Don’t “ugh”. We all know Senior photos can be a stressful time. Parents scrabbling through different photographers. Picking what outfits to wear. Stressing over hair, makeup, and shoes. Do I want photos outdoors, indoors, outdoors, indoors?
It can be a struggle. It can be a “why should I even go through all this trouble?”
What if I told you: it doesn’t have to be.
Why You Should do Senior Photos:
- Senior Year is a Milestone – it is going to be a year you will look back on. It may not seems like it now, but in 1 year, maybe 3, maybe 5, 10, 55?! You will remember your Senior year.
- Never Waste a Moment – don’t just make it a memory. With a portrait, capture that memory into a moment. Your Senior portrait can capture that memory, keeping it alive, so you can still say “remember that time when…” Memories can fade, but photos never will.
- Your Family Will Appreciate It – not only do you want to make great memories this final year, but your family will want those memories too. And they will be very appreciative of receiving a beautiful portrait from your Senior year. (I know my grandma was!)
- We Have the Technology – Senior photos used to be nothing special–a regular black and white headshot photo in the yearbook. No way to stand out. Guess what? Times have changed. We own the professional technology and know-hows to make your photos better, stronger, faster, and with all your beautiful you.
- Scream It – your photos will say something about you. Don’t say it. Scream it. Scream “this is who I am”. Senior photos give you the opportunity to say it loud, say it proud. Who are you? This is who I am!
Here are some tips to make your Senior photo session a blessing:
- Research Your Photographer Before Photos – your photographer’s job is to make sure you are comfortable and relaxed in your photos. By researching them beforehand, it gives you a chance to see their creative personality and what they offer. Look up their photos, website, and social media. Compare it to other sites. The photographer that’s right for you will showcase their artistic ability and dedication in the effort they put into their photographs and websites.
- Ask Your Photographer about Locations and Clothing – outdoors or indoors? Formal or jeans? Can’t decide? Talk to your photographer. They will make it less stressful. Give us a call. We’ll help brainstorm ideas that will reflect your personality and interests.
- Don’t Worry about that Blemish – what you may see in the mirror is not what you’ll see in your final portraits. Anything ordered through us will be professionally touched up. So you can relax. You look lovely. That blemish you’ve been worrying about for the past week, poof! It’ll be as if it never existed.
- Smile – it can be very easy to “force smile” or not smile at all Our photographers are great at helping you relax and show your amazing smile. It is our job to be able to showcase your personality.
- Take Selfies, Snapchat, Ask your Parents – why not? It’s a great way to fix your hair, clothes, makeup, and ensure you feel comfortable in posing and smiling. A second opinion from family, friends, and the photographer always help. (Friendly reminder to mention how awesome we are in those snaps!)
You only get your Senior year once. Make moments, not memories.
“In this bright future, you can’t forget your past.” — Bob Marley
Capture your final year with a Senior photo session at Gueller Photography.